PCI pinout

Hi there,

In Solari and Willse's PCI book, there is a picture with the "suggested"
PCI pinout (page 423).  I noticed that the upper and lower bytes of the
AD bus are kept together left and right edge of the chip.  Is there
a reason for that?

I am working on a PCI pinout for a smallish package and I will need
to move some of the AD pins from the bottom edge to the left and right.
Any comments would be appreciated.  In general, any feedback on
pinout and the impact on the board design would be useful to me.  Thanks.

Wilson