Re: New PCI Bus Pin

Text item:

No, I don't believe it is. The CLOCKRUN# signal is used to determine when it is
OK to stop the clock in an active system and is then used to signal when to
re-start the clock. The protocol is not compatible with devices which do not
connect to the signal. It is also important to isolate the signal electrically
from any legacy signals to allow wakeup to occur from any system state including
soft-off.

As far as docking connectors go; yes you will probably need to add it to docking
connectors if you want to support wakeup from PCI devices in the dock but maybe
you already have wakeup functionality going across the docking connector that
can be used.

-Bruce Young

------------------------

Bruce,

Isn't this function related to the ClockRun signal?  Would there be ANY way
to share this between Wake and ClockRun?  Maybe, the board yanks on
ClockRun to wake the bus if the bus is currently asleep.  Just a thought.

One of the problems we have with adding signals, is that all of the PCI
Reserved pins are NOT 1 for 1 carried out the expansion bus on the back of
our notebooks.  Since our docks are multi-generational, it is real hard to
add a pin on the docking connector.  For example, previous generation docks
(for the TM5000 notebook) work on the current generation notebooks (TM6000)
and hopefully the next generation notebooks (no this isn't a product
announcement, functional guarantee or anything else, just an engineering
guess).

But if you actually add a Pin, sooner or later, we'd get it supported in
"matching pair" notebooks - docks.

Kevin
TI Notebooks - Mobile Computing Architecture Lab

Text item: External Message Header

Encoding: 21 TEXT