Running PCI cards at slow clock speeds

We are building a PCI Bus Host bridge chip and are looking at a test tool
that will allow us to simulate our VHDL design and run a real PCI Bus at
approximately 1/1000 the normal clock speed.  We would like to run the
tester with a real SCSI PCI card with SCSI hard disks attached.
The PCI Bus spec requires that the cards run at any clock speed between
zero Mhz and the maximum speced speed (33/66 Mhz).  Has anyone tried
running disks attached to a PCI card with a significantly slowed down PCI
clock?  Is this really feasible?

Jerry Witalka  M.S. 4873                 EMail:jjw1@po9.rv.unisys.com
Unisys Corporation                          Voice:  612-635-7958
P.O. Box 64942
 St. Paul, MN 55164-094
nhW