Re: Running PCI cards at slow clock speeds

John Providenza writes -

>My question is -

>Does anyone know of a PCI-PCI bridge that allows different clock rates on
>each of the PCI busses?  For this emulation/test scheme, it would be great to
>run the main PCI bus at 33MHz and have a bridge to a secondary bus that runs
>at 1MHz or less.  This allows the processor and major peripherals to run at
>high speed while the device being emulated runs at slow speed.

>Any ideas?

I heartily agree with John's request, and am interested to hear if there
are any suggestions.  Such a capability would help us now and in future
emulation projects.

  holeman

  Jim Holeman                                          Tandem Computers, Inc.
  (512) 432-8755 (fax 8247)                            14231 Tandem Boulevard
  holeman@isd.tandem.com                               Austin, Tx   78728-6699

  "A gentle answer turns away wrath"