Re: PCI Single Card which has the PCI LAN and Modem or ISDN (Multi function PCI board)

> RE: PCI Single Card which has the PCI LAN and Modem or ISDN (Multi function PCI board)
>
>  If I want to design the PCI card which has the PCI LAN and Modem or ISDN, what is the
> best way? And what the ICs should I use? In the current market, the are lots of LAN
> controller which have the PCI interface. But I don*t know the analog modem interface IC
> (PCI to UART) also for ISDN interface.
>  If I use the current ICs, my board (idea) design will be as follows:
>
> MB PCI Slot:
> |   (my PCI board area)
> |____ PCI bridge chip
> |___  PCI LAN controller (interface)
> |____ PCI to ISA bridge chip
> |____ ISA to UART interface (16550)
> |___ Modem chips
>
> My understanding is correct? Or does someone know more simple design for this purpose?
> And if someone know the nice ICs for this purpose (board design), please advise me.

Um, I'd think that something more like...

MB PCI Slot:
|   (my PCI board area)
|____ Custom ASIC w/ ISDN or Modem interface built in
|___  Modem or ISDN Codecs
|___  LAN controller

Would be more appropriate.  Also, using a 'UART' for ISDN is less than desirable, due to the high IRQ overhead of UARTs.

btw, I don't know WHAT format this email message is in, but it is confusing the HECK out of my email package, I appear to be typing in GREEK??!

-jrp