DEC Alpha and PCI bursts

> I understood that the DEC Alpha support chipset which interfaces the
> Alpha processor to the PCI bus was capable of burst memory reads and
> burst memory writes.....
>
> Is anyone able to confirm this?

Yes, I can confirm that Alpha machines built using
the 21064/21071/21072 chipset are capable of performing
burst read and write PCI transactions (more than 4 bytes)
to and from PCI peripherals. Whether or not software
ever initiates such transactions, I cannot say.
Note also that there are several Alpha CPU/core-logic
chipsets on the market, not just one.