Re: PCI Expansion Hardware

Chas,

Digital Equipment Corp sells an "evaluation" board for their PCI to PCI bridge
products.   It's called the 21150 PCI to PCI Bridge Evaluation Board.  It is
basically what you described.  It has a 21150 P2P Bridge ASIC on it, 4 PCI slots
comming off the secodary PCI bus, and a single male PCI connector designed to
plug into a PCI slot.  The rest of the board is just some resistors, caps,
and a series of switch blocks for doing experiments.

We ordered a couple from DEC so that we could do certain types of compatibility
testing in our labs.  (Basically to simulate what you DON'T want to buy, which
is the expansion chassis, etc.   We hooked a couple of these together to get
multiple levels of P2P's so that we could test our BIOS....)

Anyway, seems like what you need.   I don't remember the pricing, it was not
cheap for what you got.

The DEC number for ordering is:

Model Number    Revision        Description
QR-21A50-12     1.0             21150 Design Kit

This comes with the board that you want, and spice models for Alpha
(who cares), marketing data sheets, and a floppy diskette (which I have
never used).

Anyway,

Have fun...

David O'Shea