PCI Clock speed.

Is there a way to determine the PCI clock speed for a given system. I
have a board that has a timer which is incremented once per PCI clock.
To determine the PCI clock speed, I calculated the number of ticks in
this timer over a period of 5 seconds which was clocked by the PC timer
and then did a divide to determine the frequency.  If I didn't have this
timer, I would not have been able to determine this frequency.

In addition, if I didn't have this timer, I probably wouldn't need to
know the PCI clock rate.  But that's a different subject.   It seems
that there should be a system call in the PCI bios that shall give this
information.

Thanks,
Dominick