[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Shared I/O address
- To: Mailing List Recipients <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Shared I/O address
- From: "John R Pierce" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:24:23 -0700
- Resent-Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:13:46 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"xT4oY3.0.j46.f_XHr"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniele Pinto <email@example.com> writes...
>This is my situation: I've three device on three slot PCI.
>I must send them a data in broadcast.
>I know that every device have a private I/O space.
>How can I share some I/O address to execute broadcast transition?
I don't believe thats possible. Even if you forced a base register on each
of the three devices to the same location, who would supply the target retry
& ready handshake acknowlegements?