[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
64-bit PCI bus
- To: Mailing List Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: 64-bit PCI bus
- From: Ganesan Viswanathan <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:31:16 -0400
- Resent-Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:20:24 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"6h3z82.0.DV1.k-Svr"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
> I would appreciate if anyone can tell me what is the best way to handle
> the AD[63:32],
> C/BE[7:4]# and PAR64 in a 64-bit PCI card which is plugged on into a
> 32-bit PCI slot.
> The PCI spec 2.1 on P124 has suggested two ways : biasing the input buffer
> or actively
> driving the outputs continually.
> We are considering actively driving the pins. Do all 64-bit PCI
> motherboards drive REQ64#
> on reset to let us know that we are in a 64-bit slot ? We are worried that
> if get the wrong
> information from the motherboard we will actively drive the pins and this
> may destroy the
> Would appreciate any inputs.
> Thanks in advance,
> Ganesan Viswanthan.