[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PCI card on other side of bridge
- To: Mailing List Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: PCI card on other side of bridge
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 17:20:58 +0000
- Organization: Primary Image Ltd.
- Priority: normal
- Resent-Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 03:36:19 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"4PsW2.0.iD.bi0zr"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I have an inhouse designed PCI card which used a PLX 9060SD PCI
When I plug it into a standard desktop PC the BIOS recognises out
card and allocated the memory map, i/o space and an IRQ on INT#A.
When I put the card into an industrial PC with a digital PCI-PCI
bridge chip (21152-AB) in it the Award BIOS (v4.51PG) doesn't
allocate an IRQ (the memory and i/o are fine).
Our card is on BUS 4 in the industrial PC and BUS 0 in the standard
We are struggling to find out where the problem lies and who to ask
for advice - the PCI-PCI bridge chip manufacturer (Digital), the
backplan manufacturer (Trenton), the SBC manufacturer (Peak) or the
BIOS manufacturer (Award/Unicore).
Any help would be greatly received.
Primary Image Ltd. http://www.primary-image.com
171-185 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AX, UK
+44(0)181-339-9669 Fax: +44(0)181-339-9091