[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
status register bit 15 "detected parity error" for SERR?
- To: Mailing List Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: status register bit 15 "detected parity error" for SERR?
- From: Neal Palmer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:48:38 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 04:34:22 -0800
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"tSJKy2.0.PV4.TE9Gs"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCI spec experts,
In config space, status register  states:
"This bit must be set by the device whenever it detects a parity
error, even if parity error handling is disabled (as controlled by
bit 6 in the Command register)."
It is not obvoius if the setting of this bit only occurrs on data phases
or also on address phases. The wording implies that it is for both.
Reading the Mindshare book on page 198 it clearly states that this bit is
only set on data parity errors (but it isn't the authority/spec for the
Should address parity set bit 15 of the status register in addition to
-- Neal Palmer
The Dini Group
1010 Pearl St #6
La Jolla, CA 92037
(619) 454-1728 (Fax)