[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Multi-channel VGA card
- To: Mailing List Recipients <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Multi-channel VGA card
- From: Andrew Ingraham <Andrew.Ingraham@digital.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:46:00 -0500
- Cc: "'pci-sig'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Resent-Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 04:28:24 -0800
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"hNR4U3.0.1g4.D1iPs"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
>We intend to develop a PCI video card with two VGA chips on it. Have
>anybody had any experience in design such a card.
>We are not sure what need to be done so that both VGA chips can be
>accessible by Windows 98 and NT5.0 multi-monitors facilities.
>Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
One point from a hardware perspective: make sure you present only one
electrical load to the PCI bus. If there are two VGA chips, they must
be behind a bridge.