[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NT restart without regular shutdown
- To: Mailing List Recipients <email@example.com>
- Subject: NT restart without regular shutdown
- From: Takashi Nakamura <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:24:33 +0900
- Delivered-To: pcisig@teleport.COM
- Organization: Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Resent-Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:52:23 -0800
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"mbbRL1.0.xD1.IIkfs"@electra.znyx.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Dear driver experts,
WindowsNT can output crash dump and then restarts without regular shutdown.
Device drivers must quieten their devices at first because devices can
WindowsNT launches drivers in a certain sequence.
In a case that device A and device B share INTx#/IRQn and driver A starts
before driver B, what will happen if driver A receives the interrupt
requested by device B?
To tell the truth, although device A and B don't share a same INTx#/IRQn
in my application, driver A dies. Why?
How can I solve this problem?
Both device A and B are network.
Thanks in advance,
Yokogawa Electric Corporation