PCI DMA problem

> I have a PCI card working in a 166Mhz P1 HX chipset computer.  It performs
> continuous DMA's of 512kbytes.  I take the same card to a 233Mhz P2 LX
> chipset and for DMA sizes above ~1kbytes the machine crashes.  Can anyone
> suggest areas I should concentrate my debugging on.
>
> Is there info on the web for these chipsets and there register settings.

I should have added that the PCI controller on the card is the AMCC S5933QE
and the problemn occurs when the S5933 performs bus mastering to host
memory.  AMCC have some errata that describe the problem I am seeing but the
solutions are not quick fixes.  Has anyone used the S5933 and had similiar
problems.

Many thanks

|  Name:              | Gordon Brown                               |
|  Position:          | Project Manager                            |
|  Address:           | Image Interpretation and Processing Group  |
|                     | DERA Malvern, Room E306, S&P Division      |
|                     | St. Andrew's Road, Malvern, UK, WR14 3PS   |
|  Telephone:         | (+44) 1684 894682                          |
|  Fax:               | (+44) 1684 894952                          |
|  Email, reply to:   | brown@signal.dera.gov.uk                   |
"The Information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  For those other than the intended recipient any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted
to be taken in reliance on such information is prohibited and may
be unlawful."