What if BASE0 is not implemented?

In our design we are planning to have the ability to enable/disable base register 0
(config space address 0x10). Other base registers will be defined (config space
addresses 0x14 and so on). So we could have the situation where the base
register at 0x10 is not implemented, but other base registers are.

Now I know that this is fine with the PCI spec, but my question is whether
this will confuse the BIOS. Will the BIOS give up on the device if
the first base register is not implemented?

--
Bill Peet
Real Time Visualization       email:  peet@rtviz.com