From: Lame Brooks-G14738 [mailto:Brooks_Lame@mcg.mot.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 3:37 PM
To: Mailing List Recipients
Subject: Why was this changed in 2.2? RE: What if BASE0 is not
implemented ?

I agree.  The only reason I can think of for this change between 2.1 and 2.2
is to allow some devices that were not 2.1 compliant, to be compliant under
2.2.  This is _not_ a good reason.  If I were writing BIOS or other config
software, the 2.1 requirement is cleaner and allows config algorithms to be
faster since they can stop upon finding an unimplemented BAR.  So, the
question remains, why was it changed?  And, do all the BIOS writers realize
that it was changed?  -- BrooksL