Retry counter

Hi.

I have to implement a retry counter (256 retrys), but I'm not sure, where to
put it. Into a master device or slave device? I have never seen a retry
counter implemented in a slave device and I believe it is more conveniant
that it is implemented in a master (if not, all slaves must have counter
implemented). But, if a delayed request is pending in a slave device and
master decides to drop it, how is that delayed request "killed"? Besides, in
a PCI spec. is clearly said that master must unconditionaly repeat a
request, if it is terminated with a retry.
If any of you can help me, I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Borut Cadez

Borut Cadez, RDHW1
IskraTEL Ltd, Ljubljanska 24a, SI-4000 Kranj, Slovenia
Tel: +386 64 27 2533, Fax: +386 64 221 552
Email: b.cadez@iskratel.si, URL: www.iskratel.si