RE: CPCI: RE: Message Signalled Interrupt Support

I plan to support MSI in a future revision of a card I am developing now.
Likely to not be a mass market however as we serve a niche market.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lame Brooks-G14738 [mailto:brooks.lame@motorola.com]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 11:13 AM
To: 'brad@pc2.com'
Cc: 'PCISIGList'; PICMGCPCI Reflector (E-mail)
Subject: CPCI: RE: Message Signalled Interrupt Support

MSI appears extremely useful in applications with many sources of interrupts
in a device and/or many devices on the PCI bus.  It also looks useful in
slave processor applications.  Motorola may use MSI in a new motherboard
peripheral device currently under development.  However, I am a little out
of touch with the current thoughts on MSI with CompactPCI
peripheral/slave/multiple-host processors; so, you may look for some other
PICMG guys to respond.
--
Brooks Lame'
Crisis/Design Engineer,  Motorola Monterey Design Center