Nasty knock-on effect from incorrect BAR setting

Dear PCI reflector

I was setting up the configuration parameters for a new board which uses
the PLX 9080, and I made a stupid mistake.

Instead of setting one of the BARs to FFFC0000, I set it to FFF40000, so
that the BIOS and maybe NT got confused as to whether the BAR was asking
for 256kBytes or 1MByte.

Somehow, either the BIOS or NT has now got into a state where, even if I
plug a board in with the correct BAR setting, there is some memory of
the incorrect setting left around and so the corrected board is not
recognised.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this before? And any suggestions of how
to fix it? Or questions I should be asking either of the system or of
experts?

Paul
--
Paul Walker                            Chair of the 1355 Association
                                                        www.1355.org