RE: 3.3V power rail / M66EN

Please read the 4.3.4.1 section of the 2.1 spec again.  It does NOT say the
system MUST supply 3.3V.  Here is the section you refer to:

"...Systems implementing the 5V signaling environment MAY either ship the
3.3V supply with the system, or provide a means to add it afterward..."

What IS required is the bussing on the system board and decoupling caps on
the expansion card of the 3.3V power connections.  NOT the actual supply.