Re: Subsystem Vendor ID

Bora,

I was at your side from the very beginning and my comments were to keep
discussion in your interests.
I apologize if it was not clear.

> Well,  my PCI rev 2.1. book says Subsystem Vendor ID is designed for card
> manufacturers that use same PCI chip. In other words, the Subsystem vendor
> ID/Subsytem ID registers are used to uniquely identify the add-in card or
> subsystem that the functional device resides within.

Exactly, this is why any decent general purpose PCI chip should have
provision to put this info in and this is why I said that the way to do it
shouldn't be looked for in back doors.

> FYI, the PCI chip has no EEPROM support and it's a PC-Card controller.

It sounds like your chip is not really meant to be used by anybody except
for those who designed it for a specific application. If it's not too late
maybe you'd better pick another chip? Any particular reason to use that one?
What is it anyway?

Mikhail Matusov
Hardware Design Engineer
Square Peg Communications