RE: PCI-to-PCI Bridge

Intel actually bought the DEC design and have added to their group of
bridges.  If you want a transparent bridge (not much software support
needed) I have used the 21150 series both 21150-AB and -BC (66 mHz capable).
They are very good parts...
http://developer.intel.com/design/bridge/

TI also makes a 21150 equivalent the PCI2050 as well they make new set of
bridges that make the transition to serial communication than back.  If you
aim to send the PCI bus over a long cable this is the best way...
http://www-s.ti.com/cgi-bin/sc/family3.cgi?family=PCI+BRIDGES

Hope this helps.

Come see world class DSP development tools at iDSP.
A TI Third Party Company.
www.integrated-dsp.com

W. J. Gomes III
Principal Engineer