Re: Parity - impications of not implementing this

Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 11:44:47 -0500
From: "Ram Y. Gopal" <ramgo@vEngines.com>

Daniel:

PAR is NOT optional, it must be implemented by all PCI
compliant devices. Please refer to the "Parity Generation"
section in the PCI standard for more information.

However, in a PCI Target card, PERR# is optional.

FYI...
--
Ram Y. Gopal
vEngines Inc., - engineering network convergence.

Daniel DeConinck wrote:

> Hello,I have choosen not to implement the PAR feature of the PCI spec
> on a Target PCI card I have designed. It seems to work fine on wintel
> platforms as intended. Is there trouble lurking that would convince me
> to design in the PAR check ? SincerelyDaniel DeConinck

Dan Weaver, ZNYX Networks
dan.weaver@znyx.com