PCI Resource FAQ For Newbies RE: PCI question

Here's rarely maintained FAQ I through together some time ago.  If anyone
has anything they think would be nice to add, please send it and hopefully
I'll get around to adding it someday.
-- BrooksL

Resources for PCI and CompactPCI Developers

Specifications:
----------------
=PCI SIG Specifications  (PCI and PCI-X Local Bus)
SIG - Special Interest Group
PCI SIG Membership Services / Spec Distribution
PCI SIG, 2575 NE Kathryn #17, Hillsboro, OR 97124, USA
Julia James (julia@pcisig.com)
http://www.pcisig.com/
Phone: 800-433-5177 (domestic only)
Phone: 503-693-6232 FAX: 503-693-8344

=PICMG Specifications  (CompactPCI, PCI/ISA Passive Backplane)
PICMG - PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers' Group
Email: picmg@rogerscom.com
http://www.picmg.com/
Phone: 1-781-246-9318 or 1-617-246-9318 (8:00 to 17:00 US Eastern time)
Fax: 1-781-224-1239 or 1-617-224-1239
Mail: PICMG, c/o Rogers Communications, 401 Edgewater Place, Suite 500,
Wakefield, MA 01880, USA
http://www.picmg.com/

=IEEE Standards  (ISA P996, CMC 1386, PMC 1386.1, Mechanical 1101.1 & .10)
IEEE Customer Service
445 Hoes Lane, PO Box 1331, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331, USA
Phone: 1-800-678-IEEE (US and Canada); 1-732-981-0060 (outside US & Canada)
Fax: 1-732-981-9667
Email: customer.service@ieee.org
http://www.ieee.org/
http://standards.ieee.org/sa-mem/index.html

=VITA Standards  (Mech 30 & 30.1, PIM - PMC I/O Module 36-199x)
VITA - VMEbus International Trade Association
7825 East Gelding Drive, Suite 104
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-3415, USA
Phone: (480) 951-8866
Fax: (480) 951-0720
Email: info@vita.com
http://www.vita.com/
http://www.vita.com/pubslist.html

Consultants
------------
=PC^2 Consulting
Phone: 503-614-8422,
FAX: 503-292-8437,
email: pc2@pc2.com

Workshops
----------
=PCI Design Workshop
This two-day course is intended to equip both hardware and software engineers
with a working knowledge that goes beyond textbook theory.
Annabooks University, 11838 Bernardo Plaza Court, San Diego, CA 92128-2414
1-800-462-1042/619-673-0870

=CompactPCI Design Workshop
The CompactPCI Workshop provides a foundation for understanding how to apply
PCI technology within CompactPCI.
Annabooks University, 11838 Bernardo Plaza Court, San Diego, CA 92128-2414
1-800-462-1042/619-673-0870

Books
------
=Title: PCI SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE: "Must-have PC Architecture Reference Set,3rd Ed."