From: Daniel DeConinck
To: pci-sig@znyx.com
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 8:48 AM
Subject: DMA across PCI

Hello,

I looked in the index of the PCI spec 2.1 and the index of "PCI System Architecture", by Mindshare, Inc. Niether had a reference to DMA.

I am guessing that there is no such thing as DMA in the PCI world. Is that the case ?

I further guess that the closest thing to DMA is a Master read or a Master write cylce.

Please enlighten me.

Sincerely
Daniel DeConinck
High Res Technologies, Inc.