Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:45:06 -0800
X-From_: digitalaryan@yahoo.com  Thu Dec 14 20:45:06 2000
From: Digital Aryan <digitalaryan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Discard timer count
To: pci-com-request@znyx.com
Cc: techsupp@pcisig.com

Dear designers,
It has been mentioned in the specs that a transaction remains
in queue till its Discard timer doesn't expire(There are
certain cases for exception). Now in case a transaction has
been discarded 2exp(10) or 2exp(15) times can that transaction
be accepted or considered for a transfer(given a grant) next
time. I mean is it necessary for the bridge to keep track of
transactions which have been discaredd on accoount of expiry of
Discard timer and block them?

Pl. comment on this.
Thanks in advance.

Aryan