From: Shepard Bob-G14751 [mailto:Bob.Shepard@motorola.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 January, 2001 4:54 PM
To: 'Philip Decker'
Cc: pci-sig@znyx.com
Subject: RE: Ref. Doc. for "#" for active low

It seems to be an Intel practice to use the "#" postfix to
designate active low signals.  Intel developed the PCI and
their practice stuck.  It's a good thing PCI wasn't developed
by DEC so we don't use "_l".

What symbol is recommended in your "IEEE Standard for Logic
Circuit Diagrams"?  Does it apply to text publications as
well?

Bob Shepard
Senior Staff Engineer
Monterey Design Center