Re: why Target cannot change its mind

>No - I think the master and target both have the same kind if restriction.
>The master is committed once it asserts IRDY# and the target is committed
>once it asserts TRDY#.

Also, I think there is a requirement in PCI that says that masters and
targets are not allowed to condition their assertion of xRDY based on the
other guy's xRDY, i.e. a target cannot wait for the master to assert IRDY
before asserting TRDY and vice versa.  I didn't look it up but I seem to
remember it.

Rich Iachetta
IBM Microelectronics Division -- Austin
World Wide Field Design Center
Phone: 512-838-6305   Tie Line: 678-6305