Re: why Target cannot change its mind

>From: "Weng" <wtx@umem.com>
>
>My assertion is only a note that I never want it to be part of PCI
>specification, and just wanted to note that THIS PART OF PCI SPECS IS
>STRICTER THAN NECESSARY.

Weng, the spec making process nowaday is largely a political one.  If
everything in a spec was easy, big companies would not be able to gain
an advantage over their competitors by requiring small companies to
jump through hoops to compete, and the big companies will not back the
spec.  The spec will then die.  It is wrong, but that is the way it is.