Oh, my poor target...

Hello!

> This drivel does not belong in a technical forum related to PCI.

How about this kind of drivel?  My target state machine is feeling
so depressed lately about wait states...  Last night it broke out
into song:

//******************************************************************//
// Target state machine song, sung to Les Miserables Overture.      //
//******************************************************************//

// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, begins all PCI.
// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, you'll burst until it's high.

// Target FSM:    Decode is done, I pulled my DEVSEL# low.
// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, there's cycles more to go.

// Target FSM:    Remove its GNT#, sweet host bridge hear my prayer.
// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, the host bridge doesn't care.

// Target FSM:    I could abort, but then I'll be RST#.
// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, your buffers aren't full yet.

// Target FSM:    When I get free, you won't see me, LOCK#ed for dust!

// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, begins all PCI.
// Target FSM:    How long, oh Lord, before it takes FRAME# high?

// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, take more reflected wave.
// FRAME# Gang:   FRAME# down, FRAME# down, you'll always be a slave.