pci clock frequency

I am confused by how to chang clock frequency.
Someone say : "on a pci bus with a clock fequency between 33.3MHZ and 66.66MHZ,the pci rst# signal must be
asserted before a clock frequency change is made."
Someone say:"The 66MHZ specification states that the clock frequency may be changed at any time as long as
the clock edges remain clean and the minimum high and low times are not violated."
Could you tell me which statement is correct?or the correct methord how to change the clock frequency .
Thanks
Zehui Yao
July 12,2001