Re: How to access the pci configuration space?

 wrote:

> Hi
> I want to implement a UDMA transfer with a PCI-IDE controller. Accessing the
> config space is required as stated in the programming guide of the
> controller.
> I want to access directly to the registers in the config space.I mean
> reading and writing the registers in config space through a specific
> address? Now I can use
> 0xcf8 and 0xcfc to read the content of the config space. Could I using these
> two address to write to config space just like writing IO port or memory?If
> not,how?
> thanks

In Linux, you need to have the pciutils installed. Then just check out
the lspci and setpci commmands.

HIH,

Andre
--

 "Share the code. If you hide it ain't good."
						Popular knowledge
begin:vcard
n:David;Andr
tel;cell:+41792013849
tel;work:+41227676147
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CERN - European Centre for Nuclear Research;EP/NA60
version:2.1
email;internet:Andre.David@cern.ch
note:Geneva, Switzerland
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16000