[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Maximum Outstanding Split Transactions in PCI-X Configuration Controland Status Registers
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Maximum Outstanding Split Transactions in PCI-X Configuration Controland Status Registers
- From: "Richard Iachetta" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:15:49 -0500
- Importance: Normal
- Resent-Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:24:05 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <9ezqOC.A.1rC._YVh7@electra>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
>For the fields "Designed Max. Outstanding Split Transactions" in PCI-X
>Status Register AND
>"Max. Outstanding Split Transactions" in PCI-X Control Register..
>Do the fields refer to the max Split transactions supported by device when
>it is a target or when it is the initiator?
>As initiator, I issue only Memory Read commands, which can be split. I
>5 independent sources of Memory Read requests. I have internal resources
>save Tag Nos and other transaction details for upto 5 split transactions.
>So, what do I set in the Status field?
4 (which means you're requesting to have 8 outstanding transactions).
IBM Microelectronics Division -- Austin
World Wide Field Design Center
Phone: 512-838-6305 Tie Line: 678-6305