Re: Maximum Outstanding Split Transactions in PCI-X Configuration Controland Status Registers

>For the fields "Designed Max. Outstanding Split Transactions" in PCI-X
>Status Register AND
>"Max. Outstanding Split Transactions" in PCI-X Control Register..
>
>Do the fields refer to the max Split transactions supported by device when
>it is a target or when it is the initiator?

Initiator.

>As initiator, I issue only Memory Read commands, which can be split. I
have
>5 independent sources of Memory Read requests. I have internal resources
>save Tag Nos and other transaction details for upto 5 split transactions.
>
>So, what do I set in the Status field?

4 (which means you're requesting to have 8 outstanding transactions).

Rich Iachetta
IBM Microelectronics Division -- Austin
World Wide Field Design Center
Phone: 512-838-6305   Tie Line: 678-6305