From: Lame Brooks-G14738 [mailto:Brooks_Lame-G14738@email.mot.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 11:14 AM
To: 'Gord Wait'; pci-sig@znyx.com
Subject: RE: PMC Spec - Characteristic Impedance Numbers?

Correct, the PMC spec (P1386.1) says nothing about impedance or trace
lenths, but does state that the electrical and logical layers are based on
the PCI Specification.  Obviously, in some dense PMC designs, the PCI trace
length reqts might be dificult or unrealistic.  The important part is that
the clock lenth be longer (~0.5") than the longest bus trace to ensure
settling time and the allowable impedance range is 60~100ohms; so, 65 is
fine with trace velocity of 150~190ps/inch.
--
Brooks Lame'
Design, Validation, & Test Engineer;