Re[2]: 3.3V supply

I'm using right now an TriMedia TM1300 device which is spec'ed at < 5% too
(and forces the use of an on board regulator)
The same holds true for other on board devices.

regards
Mat.

                    Ted Firlit
                    <firlit@utmc.aer        An:     "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@compaq.com>
                    oflex.com>              Kopie:  ted.firlit@utmc.aeroflex.com, PCI SIG <pci-sig@znyx.com>
                    Gesendet von:           Thema:  Re: 3.3V supply
                    firlit@utmc.aero
                    flex.com

                    05.11.2001 19:46
                    Bitte antworten
                    an ted.firlit

Andrew,

Good points about the JEDEC spec.  I am thinking of large scale devices,
such as a Marvel/Galileo PCI controller chip, and a PMC-Sierra RM5261
MIPS processor chip both using the Narrow Range (which is actually +/-
4.5% tolerance).

I haven't looked at other PCI controller chips-- maybe Marvel/Galileo is
a odd-ball.

Comments from other PCI controller chip users?

regards,

Ted