Bridging failure with 8-slot CPCI chassis

I have a more detailed description here:

http://kan.org/misc/BridgingCombos.htm

including a table of what works and what doesn't, plus a link to the
zipped bus-analyzer dump.

The problem is that we have one model of 8-slot chassis that refuses to
be a slave to another chassis. We've used different CPU, different
master chassis and different bridge cards; we've even used a different
slave chassis from the same manufacturer, but the only consistent
failure is this one particular model.

Can anyone point me towards some resources that could help us
troubleshoot this? We are primarily card designers, and not that
knowledgable about PCI backplanes, signalling, etc.

Thanks!