RE: Glitching of PCIRSTN

Weng,

  that works fine as long as the deassertion edge of RESET# doesn't occurr
at the rising edge of CLK66M.  There are problems when some of your FFs
are in reset and some of them are not in reset on that first rising edge
of the clock.  If your design somehow magically has no FFs changing on the
first clock edge after coming out of reset, then you might be in good
shape (not that I have ever seen such a design).

  All async reset FFs have a timing requirement between the deassertion of
RST and the rising edge of the clock, and if it isn't met then you have an
unknown output (and the rest of the chip probably won't work).

  Also, what happens if you have a reset glitch that is about 0.5ns in
width.  Will it get to every FF in your entire design?  Probably not.  You
really need a way to guarantee that either the entire device reset, or
none of it.

-- Neal

--
-- Neal Palmer