PCI Spec and Jumpers

We have a line of specialty Serial PCI Cards that have jumpers on them
to configure our RS-422/RS-485 interfaces.

1.Does the PCI Spec specifically state that a card can't have jumpers on
it?

2.I know that Microsoft's PC 2001 spec does say no jumpers but is there
an exception for this type of card?

3.Is it possible to get a card with jumpers on it certified by Microsoft
under XP?

We want to get rid of that scary install message about our hardware not
being certified. Or has it already become common practice for everyone
to ignore that message? What are you all doing when it comes to
Microsoft certification?

Bill

Bill Franklin III
B & B Electronics