RE: cPCI system card specs

Dan,

The CompactPCI system controller card typically provides CompactPCI bus
arbitration for 8 cards (itself and 7 peripherals).  You could design a
system controller that would provide arbitration for 21 cards.  It and the
backplane necessary to support it would be custom.   The loading on the
CompactPCI bus would probably limit the bus speed to around 20MHz.

Paul