Re: New PCI card developing

Hello,

PLX devices can be purchased from Yahoo store. On the web page on every PLX
product there is a link to relevant Yahoo store page. For example for the
PLX PCI 9056 look here:
http://www.plxtech.com/products/9056/default.htm
and here:
http://store.yahoo.com/plxtech/

Vashek
========

 >>> "Sergey Platovskikh" <sergey.platovskikh@vissim.no> 04/25/02 06:35PM >>>

We have been using AMCC S5935 for a long time, but it is PCI2.1 compatible
only, so we expecting some problems (and we have already met) in the newest
motherboards. Considering this we decided to find a new PCI controller or
take a PCI core from Altera/PLDA/etc.
The controller will be connected to Altera APEX chip. Required data rate is
about 40Mb/s.
I have checked PLX, Tundra, Galileo, Intel - all of them seems too
complicated and require complex logic in the Altera chip. PLX9056 seems
good, but still too complicated (and I haven't foud where to buy it).
I would really appreciate any advice. May be some other manufacturers are
producing PCI controllers?
May be somebody has a successful experience of implementing of PCI cores?
Can they be used "as is" or two years of investigation will be necessary?

Kind regards

Sergey Platovskikh
Hardware development engineer
VisSim AS
Sollistrandsveien 12
Horten, N-3187
Norway
tel: +47 33 07 18 91
direct: +47 33 02 02 73
fax: +47 33 02 02 51
SPb office:
tel/fax: +7 812 2734177
e-mail: sergey.platovskikh@vissim.no

========
Vashek Weis
Standard Products FAE

Advanced Semiconductor Technology Ltd.
3 Hazan St., Ra'anana, 43563, Israel
Tel: 972-9-7744278 Ext. 332
Fax: 972-9-7744499
Mobile: 972-52-325355

mailto:plx-supp@ast.co.il
mailto:vashek@ast.co.il

http://www.plxtech.com
http://www.ast.co.il
When everything else fails, read the documentation.

This footnote confirms that all messages sent out from AST are checked
against Computer Viruses.

Antivirus protection is never 100% safe. Be careful and don't get caught by
Cyber Terrorists...

Report problems to mailto:Postmaster@ast.co.il