From: Bruce Newton [mailto:bnewton@mecc.com.au]
Sent: 31 May 2002 04:25
To: pci-sig@znyx.com
Subject: Conventional PCI mechanical specification

I have a problem where I have two vendors claiming their product is to the
PCI specification, and I would like to know what the specification actually
is regarding this particular point.

The issue is with the PCI card height. The card is a conventional PCI card,
and the specification states (I believe) that the maximum height of the
adapter card should be no more than 106.807mm. Is this maximum height
measured from the bottom of the edge connector to the top of the card, ie
the PCB's maximum height. Or is it measured from the top of the edge
connector to the top of the card, ie the height of the card above the socket
when it is inserted in a computer.

Any response regarding this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bruce

 This email and any attachments are confidential and are for the
 use of the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you must not
 use or disclose the contents to any other person. Please immediately
 notify the sender and delete the email. Statements and opinions
 expressed here may not represent those of the company.
 Email correspondence is monitored by the company.

 The parent company of the Renishaw Group is Renishaw plc, registered
 in England no. 1106260. Registered Office: New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge
 Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR, United Kingdom. Tel +44 (0) 1453 524524