Re: PCI Interrupts

I don't know if other systems use it, but x86 PC systems have a Programmable
Interrupt Controller that responds to IACK cycles with a 8-bit Vector to
identify the code to execute for the active interrupt. PCI doesn't specify a
required relationship between interrupt lines and Vectors, that's left to
the system designer. In a PC we do what the IBM PC would have done, or more
specifically, what the 8037 (?) does.

--
                                             _______
Paul C. Miranda (paul.miranda@amd.com)      \ ___  |